Board of The National Council
The National Council serves all Conferences, helps them develop their spiritual life, intensify their service and diversify their activities. The aim is to always be responsive to the needs of those who suffer and promote the sense of belonging to a Society that encircles the world by creating new Conferences and helping existing ones to expand, promoting Special Works, preparing training courses for members to attend, fostering interest in cooperation with the Vincentian Family, other organizations and institutions and providing communication to and from Conferences and higher councils.
Joseph Botros AjaltouniREGIONAL COORDINATOR
Businessman - Ajaltouni Company S.A.L. Member of St. Etienne Conference Batroun since 1979. Current Vice-President of the Conference
Know More About The Council:
The board of the National Council is formed by the president, 2 vice-presidents, a secretary general, a treasurer and consultants named by the president, as well as a national chaplain who attends the board’s meetings but has no right to vote. Members of the board meet on a weekly basis in the Centre Socio-Educatif Frederic Ozanam in Burj Hammud.
Being the governing board of the Society, it is responsible for stating and implementing SSVP policies and strategies in:
* Managing fundraisings and donations.
* Endorsing presidents’ elections in SSVP Conferences.
* Supervising the activities of SSVP Conferences and committees.
* Preparing and submitting the general annual report, and the financial annual report that includes the balance sheet, amounts of available funds and expenses and the upcoming budget plan.
* Appointing and discharging employees in SSVP.
All decisions are made by consensus after the necessary prayer, reflection and consultation. The democratic spirit is fundamental at all levels of the Society and, when appropriate, matters are put to a vote.